Areas of Jurisdiction: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
INSTRUCTION FOR CHINA TOURIST VISA – FOR U.S. PASSPORT HOLDERS
Please send the following documents:
- PASSPORT: A signed passport with a remaining validity of at least 7 months and at least two (2) blank pages.
- CHINESE APPLICATION FORM: Download, 1 (one) Chinese visa application form, fully complete (NOTE: ONLY TYPED FORMS ARE ACCEPTABLE) and sign.
Download Form Here
- COPY OF PASSPORT INFORMATION PAGE: The China Consulate recently started requiring a COPY of the information page of your passport to be included with your documentation.
- Please note: Currently French and Turkish passport holders must appear in person to obtain a Chinese visa. Processing time by the Consulate is 5 business days.
- Chinese Consulate’s address: 1 East Erie, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60610; Telephone: 312-453-0210
- PHOTOGRAPHS: 1 (one) recent photograph, 2 inches x 2 inches, passport type.
China Consulates are very strict with their Photo Requirements:
1. Photo must have been taken in the last 6 months
2. Must be 2 inches by 2 inches in size
3. Must have white background
4. Must be facing forward in your photo
5. No glasses
6. No jewelry
7. No white shirts
8. Mouth must be closed
Option 2: Obtain 1 passport photo from a passport photo service (Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc.).
- HOTEL OR ACCOMMODATION CONFIRMATION: 1 copy of the hotel reservation. (If you are not staying at a hotel, an invitation is required that contains: (A) Personal information about the application, such as name, gender, date of birth, etc.; (B) Information concerning the applicants visit to China, such as purpose of the visit, date of arrival and departurne, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant's accommodations in China; and (C) Information of the inviter, such as name of the unit or individual, phone number, address, and, if applicable, the signature of the legal representative.) Also submit a copy of the inviter's Chinese ID card or a copy of the passport and visa, if applicable.
- FLIGHT ITINERARY: A flight itinerary for the trip, starting with the departure date and showing entry and exit from each country to be visited.
Extra Requirements for Minors
• Minor visa applicants must have their application signed by both parents; the applicant should also sign the application if capable of doing so.
• Photocopies of both parent’s driver’s licenses and passports.
• Copy of the applicant’s birth certificate showing both parents’ names. If either parent's name has changed since the child was born, proof of name change is required (such as a divorce decree or marriage certificate).
- CONSULAR VISA FEE: Please make out a payment to Consulate of China. (Money Order or Cash or); personal, certified and business/company checks are not accepted. This fee is for U.S. passport holders only.
- SERVICE FEE: See table below. Cash, Money Order or Certified Check; no personal checks are
accepted. Send payment and make payable to: Chinese Visa Services - 3950 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite #1820D - Chicago, IL 60613.
- RETURN SHIPPING: You are required to cover the cost of returning your Passport with Visa stamp. Please include postage payment or provide a
self-addressed paid envelope for the delivery service desired (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc). Returning your package via the U.S. Postal
Service is only acceptable with a tracking number.
- FOR NON-U.S. CITIZENS: Please include a copy of your U.S. Visa.
Proof of U.S. Immigration Status
You must provide proof of your current U.S. Immigration status. You must include a notarized copy of your U.S. Green Card or U.S. Immigration paperwork.
• ACTUAL GREEN CARD OR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD
• U.S. Visa - Visa that is in current Passport. If visa is in old passport, the China Consulate now requires the ACTUAL expired passport with visa inside.
- U.S. citizens transiting China do not require a Chinese visa as long as they remain in the airport for less than 24 hours. Persons who plan to re-enter China from Hong Kong or Macao must obtain visas allowing multiple entries.
- Applicants who were born in China are required to submit their Chinese passport or last foreign passport for a Chinese visa.
- OBSERVATION: Traveling to Hong Kong or Macau is considered leaving China. Therefore, you must obtain a multiple-entry visa if you want to leave mainland China and visit Hong Kong or Macau and reenter mainland China before departing China.
- Please forward all the requirements listed above to: 3950 North Lake Shore Drive, Suite 1820D, Chicago, IL 60613. Telephone/Fax:
(773) 525-0678. E-mail: Portserv9@yahoo.com.